Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Survey says...

Today was a good mail day!!! We got our lot survey. OK, so I guess technically it's a plot plan, but it's still very exciting. So, now we know for sure that our driveway is going to be on the left side of our front yard and we're going to have a reverse floor plan. We're pretty happy with how it's going to be laid out on the land. We'll be 10' feet from the property line on the right side of the house and 9'4" from the property line on the left side. We'll be 21' from the street and 39'3" from the back of the property line. It seems like a good use of the space. I uploaded a PDF of the plot plan (and, no, I don't suck at scanning, the copy they sent us isn't completely straight and the paper size is larger than legal size, so it didn't completely fit on our scanner bed).


And because Brian is awesome, he flipped the floor plans from Centex in Photoshop, since we'll have a reverse floor plan. The flip is very necessary for me because it's impossible for me to visualize mirror images like that in my mind. It will now look like this:






This weekend I'm heading to Boone with my parents to celebrate my sister's 21st birthday and on Sunday we're all going to go by the neighborhood so that they can see the lot and take a quick walk through the model. I can't wait for them to see it!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Lucky! Your washer/dryer are upstairs! I hate carrying everything down just to carry it back up.