Monday, May 19, 2008

DIX JOURS!!! OUI!

Truly I say to thee!!!

Brian also got lame e-mail no. 9 on Saturday morning:




We had a really nice weekend. We took Brian's parents and grandma out to the house on Saturday and everything is looking good! (Doofus me forgot my camera...so I'll have to snap some more pictures tomorrow!) We got a cute little tree in the front yard and three little trees in the backyard, plus some flowers in the front. It's basically builder grade and I know that we'll do some more landscaping in the fall, but it looks cute for now! Very suburbia.

We also got a lot more packing done this weekend. I spent about 3 hours organizing all our important papers and filing them away and we each spent a few hours yesterday packing up our winter clothes and getting rid of all the clothes that we no longer want. Brian took three HUGE bags to Goodwill this afternoon and he also cleaned out the fridge/freezer (gross!!). The bad news is that he found a bag of REALLY moldy cheese in the back. The good news is that he found some liquor buried in the back of the freezer (some super cheap vodka and a fifth of Bacardi 151). Does that stuff ever go bad? I am fairly certain that Mandy and I bought the vodka to preparty for my 21st birthday...

...in 2003.

Which means that it's already been moved twice! :-)

And I'm pretty sure that the bottle cost all of $8. Yes, it's that cheap (and that nasty). On second thought, I think we'll trash the vodka and keep the 151...

Tomorrow is our house inspection, so I'm going to meet our realtor and the inspector out at the house at 4 p.m. I'm hopeful that not too many things will be wrong!! We also noticed on Saturday that they've done a lot of paint touchups and it's really looking nice. Tomorrow they should deliver our fridge and stove!!! I can't wait to see them! :-)

WE ARE SO READY TO MOVE! Case in point--we were woken up early (to us!) at 10 a.m. on Saturday because some jackass was bumping "No Scrubs" by TLC at our apartment complex pool.

Not cool.

No comments: