Saturday, May 31, 2008

False Alarm!

So, I was up and at'em at 7:30 this morning! :-/

Brian and I woke up to incessant beeping; we actually both thought that it might be the fire alarm on our security system because the sound was exactly like what we heard when the technician demonstrated it for us yesterday.

Fortunately, our house was not on fire (which would not be a good thing).

Instead, it was my stupid alarm clock that was still packed that evidently has a really good battery backup... Go figure! :-)

I couldn't go back to sleep after that so I spent the morning watching all the Saturday morning news shows and changing our address with our banks, retirement accounts, credit card companies, insurance, DMV, etc, etc, etc.......

Brian went to meet some of his friends in Clayton for a ROAD GEEK thing. (He returned with 2008 maps of Kentucky and South Carolina...so I don't know what they talked about, but it's probably a good thing I didn't go because I don't care too much for Kentucky or South Carolina...) While he was out, he also picked up our new cordless phones. We're both quite excited about them because we are tech nerds! (I'm also the luckiest girl in the world because my answering machine message was recorded by a HIGHLY TRAINED RADIO PROFESSIONAL.)

While B was oot-n-aboot, I started organizing and unpacking. I pretty much got the office completely done (except there aren't any pictures or pretty things yet, but all the essentials are there...). We have our printer and server all set up (yay, for wireless printing!). Also, because I am pretentious, I have changed the name of the office to the study because I think it sounds cooler and because when our furniture arrives, our recliner is going into that room, which makes it more like a reading room. And, I think study best encompasses all that. :-)

While all that was getting done, I also found all our Christmas decorations and found a closet in which to store all those boxes...

This evening, Brian and I started on the kitchen stuff and we got about halfway done with that....we should have it finished up tomorrow.

And, after all that, I went up and took a bath in our pimp-daddy garden tub, which is the greatest thing ever.

Oh yeah, and someone has sold our address already because we got an ad for Express Blinds and Shutters today via USPS. (At least we're getting mail--we still haven't gotten our paper because the N&O's circulation department is horrendous.)

No comments: