Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's been ONE WEEK...

...since you looked at me
Cocked your head to the side and said "I'm angry"
Five days since you laughed at me saying
"Get that together come back and see me"
Three days since the living room
I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
but it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry


We close in ONE WEEK! You know it's getting close when the closing day makes it on to WRAL's extended forecast:


Thursday looks to be gorgeous; so I'm hopeful that Friday will be equally awesome!!

Today was our walkthrough with Chris. It went really well. We started in the attic and he went over our two HVAC units and told us how to turn off the gas lines and explained all the required maintenance and warranties. After the attic, we went through each room and put blue (painter's) tape on anything that needed paint touchups. We had A LOT of blue tape because we were pretty picky. In fact, our house kinda looked like it had blue chicken pox by the time we were done! :-) It was actually a lot of fun. Chris is an extremely nice guy and was so receptive to all of our questions or comments. After we went through all the rooms, we walked outside and went over all the stuff that's out there. All-in-all, we were at the house for about 3 hours. Next Wednesday afternoon at 4:30, we have to go back over there to quickly walkthrough with Chris to make sure that all of our concerns were addressed.

We also discussed the siding issue that our inspector had brought up and (after a phone call between Chris and the inspector), we determined that the siding was actually installed correctly. Evidently it's some type of vinyl siding that the inspector hadn't seen before. After the phone call, the inspector was convinced that nothing horrible will happen with the siding, so there are no more repairs to make from the inspection. We're still waiting on the results of the radon test, which we should get tonight. We also got the results of the pest inspection and were happy to learn that no termites took up shop at Lot #127 in the 3 months that the house has been built! :-)

According to USAA's Web site, our closing paperwork was sent to the closing attorney today, so we should be in great shape. I'm planning to call the attorney on Tuesday to see if they have the exact amount of money that we'll need to pay. If what's on USAA.com is true, then we're coming in about $1,100 under our budget, which is FANTASTIC because we have to pay off our blinds by November to avoid interest!

I love it when a plan comes together!

In other, completely unrelated, exciting news, my dad booked our plane tickets to New Orleans for Labor Day! We're going to Baton Rouge for the App. vs. LSU game--even Brian is going with us (although he's skipping the football game in lieu of driving around Louisiana all day Saturday...) Brian and I are leaving on Friday around 11:20 a.m. and getting to NO a little after 2 p.m. We'll have all day to hang out around the city (Brian has never been and I went a really long time ago) and then my parents and Callie and Clay will get there later Friday night. We're leaving late Sunday night to come back to Raleigh, so we'll have all day Monday to relax and chill... I am really, really excited for football season!!!

No comments: