Friday, August 22, 2008

Is it bad that I talk to our vacuum?

So, because I was at home today, I figured that I would take our Roomba upstairs and let it vacuum until its little nonheart was content.

After about two hours, I went upstairs when I realized I didn't hear it running anymore. (When it runs on its schedule downstairs, it will [usually] make it back to its charger, so we don't have to worry about it.) So I hear it do it's little "DO-do" beep that means that it's somewhere with no power and I found it hiding behind some boxes in one of our bedroom closets and I literally said outloud, "Roomba...what in the world are you doing hiding in there?" And then I realized that had just spoken to a vacuuming robot like it was a dog. But the scary thing is that because it can start and stop by itself, and "think," it really does have people tendencies. Perhaps Brian and I have some crazy postmodern pet!

In the living world, however, we are doing a very good job of feeding our birds. They absolutely love our feeder; today there were probably 20 out there at one time. We're pretty much like the Golden Corral of bird buffets.

We've also embarked into new territory and bought a plant. We got it last week and it's still alive, so I'm hopeful that we might be successful at plant-parenting. But don't ask me what kind it is, because I have no idea. The name started with an "A" and then had a lot of letters after the "A."

Continuing on this creative-run, last night I redid one of our picture collage frames. (I figured that Brian was probably over looking at college drinking pictures.) I used only family pictures going back only as far as our wedding and I'm pretty pleased with it. It was a major pain to do. It took forever to pick out the pictures, print them to the right size, cut them out, and then line them up so that the whole window was filled with "picture."

The picture is off center because I had to stand so that I was blocking a bad glare:
So, from left->right; top->bottom:
Brian's parents at our rehearsal dinner;
me and Dad in Michigan;
me on a freezing-ass-cold park bench in Ottawa in Feb. 2007;
Callie and Clay in Michigan;
Brian and me with Lord Stanley's Cup;
Mom and Callie being goofy at the wedding rehearsal;
Mom and Dad in Michigan;
Callie and me at my master's graduation;
Brian feeding me [the best damn] wedding cake [ever];
Brian's family on his grandmother's birthday;
Brian and me in our life preservers on our honeymoon cruise; (x2)
my family in front of Michigan Stadium;
Brian and me in front of our "sold" sign;
Brian and me at my graduation;
my totally awesome dog Snuffie that went to doggie heaven earlier this year;
Brian in our under-construction house;
Mom and me in Michigan;
Brian and I saying our vows;
Brian freezing while ice skating in Ottawa;
me in our under-construction house; and
Brian and his grandmother at our rehearsal dinner.

Exciting, huh?! :-)

No comments: