Thursday, August 7, 2008

We're still alive! Seriously!!

I know I've been pretty lax with the blog, but it seems like we've been so busy the past few weeks.

Last Thursday night, Brian and I headed down to Oak Island for the weekend. The weather was absolutely hellish on the drive down. I'm talking like super-cell thunderstorm for 1.5 hours of our 2 hour drive. It was insane!! A couple of times lightning struck no farther than 150 feet from our car. It was pretty scary, but so very cool. When we got to the beach house, it was a balmy 91 degrees inside at 9 p.m.!! (No one had been down there in a few weeks.)

On Friday morning, we woke up to find a leaky toilet, so we had a mini-crisis that we quickly solved with $101 and two very cute plumbers. On Friday afternoon, Brian's parents and his grandma arrived and we enjoyed a fantastic weekend. Friday night we went to dinner at the Island Way restaurant by the Ocean Crest Pier, which is where we had our wedding rehearsal dinner. The food was really good--I had grouper stuffed with shrimp, crab meat, and hollandaise sauce!

On Saturday, Mike and I headed out to spend the afternoon on the beach and Brian, Barb, and G went roadtrippin' to Holden Beach. Saturday night we had two rousing games of Contract Rummy--the first of which, your intrepid blogger was victorious. The second game was not nearly as exciting, but because I'm fair and balanced, I feel it's my duty to let you know that Mike won.

On Sunday, we had a relaxing morning and then went to Wrightsville Beach for a fantastic early lunch at Blue Water Grill. I had peel-n-eat shrimp. Yum!

This week we've pretty much been relaxing and doing basic house things. Tomorrow is my first work-from-home day and I am sooooo excited. We also have an exterminator coming in the morning because we continue to have issues with psycho, Satan beasts (aka ants) and I'm done with them and wish for them to be permanently eliminated.

This weekend we're going to visit my mom, dad, Callie, and Clay in Morehead. Yes, if you're keeping count at home, that's four weekends at the beach since July 4th! I love summer!! I have a feeling that I'll have some good stories after this weekend, as Callie, Dad, and I have plans to go a shooting range in Jacksonville. Cal and Dad went this afternoon and both of them consistently hit the target, so I have to be on my A-game to compete!!

Next weekend we're staying in K-town. We're going to go pick up the lawnmower and other yard thingies that the Scoggins are giving us, which means another rental of the Lowe's truck!! And we're planning to put up ceiling fans in our two guest bedrooms, so that the rooms will be in good shape when football season kicks off!

Speaking of which--App vs. LSU is three weeks from Saturday!!!

And, no, your ears aren't deceiving you...Brian has been filling in during the afternoon drive doing traffic reports, since the TTNers are short staffed. He's on 850 AM, 1550 AM, and 102.5 FM. OK, so now that I realize what stations he's on, I realize that you're probably not listening to any of those...I know I'm not.

No comments: