Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My company! (I mean, "not-for-profit organization")

I love to read business stories and I was reading one tonight about this Bernard Madoff guy and the firm that "audits" his books. I say "audit" because evidently that firm has been telling the Institute that it doesn't do audits. So, anyway, it's a really short article, but it's pretty interesting because it provides a really basic discussion of what my people do. I've even worked pretty closely in the past with the Peer Review Program that the article mentions.

By the way, if you're curious, I'm one of the ones that either edits the auditing (and attest, and peer review, and tax, and ethics, and accounting and review...) standards [among other professional publications] that we promulgate or I'm one of the ones who makes sure that they end up in print for everyone to read. Kinda cool, huh?


Madoff's auditor... doesn't audit?
The three-person firm that apparently certified Madoff's books has been telling a key accounting industry group for years that it doesn't conduct audits.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/17/news/companies/madoff.auditor.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008121720

No comments: