Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Blog Layout

Today was a pretty lazy day around our house, so I took the evening to redesign the layout of the blog. I was aiming for something simple and streamlined, so I hope that I accomplished that much. :-) If you like it, let me know. If you hate it, let Brian know.

I also used the collage feature in Picasa to create the new header image. (As an aside, Picasa is like the best picture collector software program ever.) I thought y'all might be interested to know where all the pictures in the collage were taken.

So, from top->bottom; left->right:

In a golf cart at Put-in-Bay in Ohio (Oct. 2003)
Atop Mount Royal in Montréal (Feb. 2006)
SOLD sign for our house (Jan. 2008)
Appalachian football game (Nov. 2006)
Gatsby LeBlanc (Oct. 2008)
Before a Panthers game at BofA Stadium (Nov. 2004)
Bryson City/Great Smoky Mountains for our 1st anniversary (May 2007)
My master's graduation (May 2006)
Emergency drill on our honeymoon cruise (June 2006)
With the Stanley Cup (July 2006)
Niagara Falls (Mar. 2003)
Ice Skaing on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa (Mar. 2003)

A few things I noticed as I was putting these into the collage:
  • I'm always on Brian's right in pictures, unless there is a huge hunk of metal in the form of a cup named Stanley between us or there are millions of gallons of water free falling behind us.
  • We take a lot of pictures in places where it's cold.
  • Brian and I have been together for a very long time.*
  • I like my hair better short.
  • Gatsby is really cute.

* Brian and I just realized that we've "been an item" for more than 6.5 years; we've been married for more than 2.5 years; and we've lived in our house for more than 6 months!

Life goes by way too fast!

No comments: