Sunday, December 21, 2008

Outback, Southern Pines, Nutcracker, and FOOTBALL

This weekend, we celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family. On Saturday night, mom, dad, and Callie came into Knightdale and stayed with us for the night. We went to Outback for dinner with my grandmother and then went back to her apartment for a little while. We had a very nice meal. I love, love, love Outback's blue cheese chopped salad with pecans and the ahi tuna appetizer (soooo yummy!). I was also able to convince my mom to trade one of my tuna pieces for one of her coconut shrimps (Also yummy...my family tells me that I often have entree envy, but I don't think this counts because we both had appetizers!).

Sunday morning, we were up and at'em pretty early and went to Southern Pines to visit my granddaddy and step-grandmother. We also met up with my aunt and her family and my uncle. We had a yummy homecooked lunch and then got to have some quality family time while we exchanged gifts.

My dad took some good pictures in Southern Pines, so I added them to our Christmas 2008 Picasa directory:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lsleblanc82/Christmas2008

Unfortunately, Brian and I had to leave early to come back to Raleigh.

Fortunately, it was because we had free tickets to the Carolina Ballet's Nutcracker. The show was totally awesome...I'd never actually seen it before and I'd never read the story, so I really enjoyed it. It's absolutely amazing how talented those dancers are. (Plus, it's always a good thing when the N.C. Symphony is playing!) Brian and I decided that it probably wouldn't be an annual thing for us, but we definitely want to see it again and maybe even a few other ballets during the year. We also need to hit up some symphony shows and I want to see a few plays in 2009. I just think it's so incredible how talented performing artists are.

So...long story short...if you're looking for a good show, we highly recommend the ballet.

Afterward, we hit up El SeƱor in Knightdale for some yummy Mexican food and then we've spent the evening chilling on the couch watching the Panthers/Giants game.

Gatsby, in turn, has spent the evening playing fetch and burying his rawhide bone in as many places as possible.

No comments: