Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back to the Real World!

After a nice two weeks off, we all made it back to our regular schedules this week! It was a little difficult to go back, but, I have to say, it was actually nice to get back to being productive.

Today, we spent the day taking down all the Christmas decorations and getting the house set back to normal. It seems so dark to me in the house with all the candles put away, but I have to say that it's always very nice to drag the dead tree out of the house. It's like getting a brand new den! The only thing that we didn't put away was my Christmas village because it's cute and can be a "Winter" village, just as much as a "Christmas" village :-) However, we did move it from the front foyer to the study.

I'm sure the neighbors were quite pleased that we finally got everything down...we realized last night that we were the very last people on our side of the neighborhood to turn off our lights! :-) [They don't pick up trees until Monday, so it was stupid to do it any earlier because we missed last Monday and didn't want to look at it in the yard for a week!]

So, now we're stuck in the worst part of the year. Football is winding down [not soon enough for the Panthers] and the weather sucks--as evidenced by WRAL's 7 Day Forecast:



Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday don't look too awesome to me...

However, we are heading to my parents' house this weekend for my dad's birthday, so maybe we will miss the bitter cold. It's a three-day weekend for me and Brian's taking Monday off.

I, for one, am ready for spring and daylight savings time.

No comments: