Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adios 20 lbs. | Yummy Food

Today I woke up (at noon--it was grand!!!) and made my morning trek to the scale. Turns out, I have lost 20 lbs. (well, 21.4 lbs. to be exact). YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting.

The funny thing was that when I came downstairs, Brian told me my dad had left me a message. So I listened to it and he also crossed the 20 lb. threshold this morning! Isn't that hilarious that we both did it on the same day?? I thought so too.

Brian capitalized on my good mood and convinced me to let him make homemade biscuits. So he whipped out the Healthy Heart Bisquick and made biscuits while I cut my grapefruit half and made a cheesy, mushroomy, egg substitutey scramble. I pretty much figured that the biscuit was going to be over for carbs for breakfast, but it turned out that Brian was able to get 7 biscuits out of the recipe (instead of the 5 that it calls for), so my biscuit was a perfect stat for a NS carb! YAY. And it was AWESOME, especially smothered with 2 tbsp. of sugar-free raspberry jelly. The final result was beauty-full:



Because breakfast was so good, I decided to be chef-y with lunch too and I made a homemade chicken soup. OMG it was soooo good. I was totally winging it, but the final result was AWESOME. I dissolved a low sodium chicken bouillon cube in 1 cup of boiling water and then added in some chopped carrots, green beans, and mushrooms. I let all that simmer with 1 clove of garlic and then I added some thyme, rosemary, onion powder (totally bummed that I didn't have any real onion left), black pepper, chives, oregano, and basil. Finally, after all that was smelling so delicious, I added 2 oz. of canned white chicken meat. I really wish I had some real chicken, but I didn't so that's how I made do. I was worried about the sodium content with the bouillon and the canned chicken, so I did rinse off the chicken before I added it. I have no idea if that works or anything, but I figured any little bit helps.

I rounded out my meal with an Arnold's Sandwich Thin toasted with reduced fat Colby Jack cheese and 1 tsp. of spicy brown mustard.



I also just wanted to show y'all my pretty dinner from last night! NS Flatbread pizza with added pineapple, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, and 3 slices of turkey pepperoni. I served that with a chopped lettuce salad in which I added some chopped tomatoes, 2 sundried tomato halves, and I garnished it with pickled ginger. My dressing was a reduced fat ginger and soy dressing. Aren't the colors in the salad soooo pretty? And the pizza was piled like 3 inches high. It was awesome!



Also, a major congratulations goes out to Callie who was accepted to Carteret for nursing school. I know that she and Clay are soooo excited that she'll definitely be living in Beaufort after the wedding. I'm so proud of her!!!

No comments: