Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shoes, workout, and nasty dinner

I've finally found my shoes for Callie's wedding! (Thank goodness!) I've been searching online for probably 2 months and I haven't been able to find anything that I liked. We decided that they needed to be gold because the dress is "truffle." I don't think I've posted a picture of the dress, so here it is:



I didn't post a picture of me in the dress because, well, I don't want anyone other than family to see it before the wedding (yes, I know I'm not the bride!).

So, the wedding party consists of Callie and Clay (obviously), Callie's good friend Melissa, moi, Clay's good friend Jonathan (who is Melissa's boyfriend), and Brian. Well, Callie, Clay, Jonathan, and Brian are all tall. Melissa and me, not so much. So, I don't want to look like a midget and opted for heels. And, voila:



They are bangin' hot!!!!! I love them and, surprisingly, they're quite comfortable. They must fit my arch just right or something.

I have my dress alterations on Thursday, so it should be interesting to see how that goes. I (OK, mom and dad) bought my dress two days before I started NutriSystem. In hindsight, not so smart, but I honestly didn't even think about the wedding when I decided to start NS (sorry, Callie!). I tried on the dress yesterday and I'm not in horrible shape. It's definitely big, but they should be able to take it in (and up!) and because it's not strapless or anything, I don't have to worry about it falling down at the wedding--that would be bad! Also, I seem to have lost a lot of my weight in my waist, arms, and legs (my calves are pretty awesome in my new gold shoes!!!), so I'm still able to fill out the dress up top.

After the shoe-buying fun, Gatsby and I went on a walk/jog. We were gone for about 45 minutes and had a super time. We started out on the trails behind our house and then went "off road" on the other side of the neighborhood over an unpaved road and some empty lots, then we picked back up on another trail. We then went off trail again and cut through the woods back toward our house and then back home on another unpaved road. It was a lot of fun to be "cross country" and really helped keep my heart rate up during the walking parts. Gatsby had a ball! He loved jumping across creeks and diving under trees. When we came back, I was stretching and Gatsby did this:



And he's pretty much been sleeping all night. Great fun!

I had the NS Vegetarian Chili for dinner and it was horrible, so halfway through, I called an audible, trashed my dinner, and made a turkey and cheese wrap. SO much better! The bummer is that I have 2 more of this veggie chilis left--anybody want one? They're delicious!!

Brian's been volunteering at WCPE all day, so that's pretty much been it...

No comments: