Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Midget Feet

So, for Christmas, mom and dad gave me and Callison a picture frame and plaque with our bronzed baby shoes. Because Callie and I both wore the same sets of shoes, mom decided to give me the smaller set because I have the smaller feet. Here we are simultaneously opening our gifts:


As you can tell, I was excited. (My mom has the same exact type thing of her baby shoes.)

When I got back to Raleigh, I took one of my baby pictures to Kinko's and got it sized correctly for the picture frame. This was my final result (via my camera phone):


Pretty cute, huh? :-)

So, anyway, it was an awesome gift, but it should have been a portent!

A few days after Christmas while in Morehead City, I went to my parents' local running shoes store. This is the only place I buy running shoes (and running socks) because I really like the people there and they have all my information in their little computer.

So, we roll up, give the guy my info, and he brings out their new model, super-duper, overpronation running shoes that are just right for my feet.

Size 7.5.

I stand up, go for a little in-store jog and the guy does the little toe mashing deal and goes "Whoa! Those babies are too big!"

So they go back and get some 7s.

More toe mashing. Still too big.

Then he puts me barefoot into the little cold metal measuring device.

Size 6.

No, I'm not kidding.

So he puts me in the 6s and does more toe mashing and sends me outside to run up and down the strip mall. (I did this for each pair of shoes I tried on and I'm pretty sure the people in the clothing store next door laughed at me each time I jogged by.)

The shoes are perfect. I'm like gliding. It's completely crazy. Sized exactly right.

While I'm running outside like a fool, my parents are talking to the shoe guy and evidently when you lose weight, you also lose weight in your feet. I had NO idea. Makes sense, but who would have thought? I've been running in the new shoes for the past few weeks and I haven't tripped over my feet once. Completely crazy. Now that I think about it, I did used to trip over the extra mesh at the end of my toes before!

So, just in case you're curious, here are my new shoes! Aren't they pretty?!?


And the sucky thing is that now I have to buy running socks for people with feet sized 4-6.5. I figure that when I lose the last 20 lbs., I might be able to fit back in my bronzed shoes!!

1 comment:

Talk to the Bronze Shoe Guy said...

I HAD to respond. :) Bronzed baby shoes are making a BIG comeback. Sentimental parents everywhere are getting their baby's first shoes bronzed again. Check out www.abcbronze.com to see how easy it is.

And you can have those running shoes bronzed when you're finished with them! They will look SO cool! :)