Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Posted Results for Half Marathon

Laura
Overall
Place: 854 out of 1173
Chip Time: 2:15:32 (10:22/mile)
Gun Time: 2:15:51 (19 second difference)

Age Group (25-29)
Place: 109 out of 160

Jay
Overall
Place: 650 out of 1173
Chip Time: 2:06:24 (9:40/mile)
Gun Time: 2:06:53 (18 second difference)

Age Group (50-54)
Place: 24 out of 35

Not bad at all for a couple rookies!


Assuming I get in, up next in the distance circuit will be the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C., on October 31. Registration starts April 7, so I should know more next week! Looking like dad is planning to do this too (peer pressure is tough when you're competitive)! :-)

I had given serious thought to the doing the WDW Marathon in January 2011, but decided against it because I don't want to be doing long training runs in the freezing cold in November and December when everyone else is eating turkey and bonbons by the Christmas tree!

I'm also going to kick my ass into gear with losing weight. (I've been plateaued for a few months and I'm sooo over it!) The plan is to be at least at 125 lbs. by the marathon (22 lbs. down) but ideally I'd like to lose 1 lb./week and get to 118 lbs., which would require some serious diligence, but would pay great dividends in my marathon performance.

On the positive, I've been doing a lot of strength training lately and I'm really starting to see some good definition in my shoulders, chest, and upper arms. Even Brian noticed it yesterday! 

Mom (5K), dad (10K), Clay (10K), Brian (5K), and I (10K) are also doing the Oak Island Lighthouse Race on April 17. This should be a GREAT course. The only hill is over the bridge on the Intracoastal (in the first mile) and everything else is completely flat. We're all very much looking forward to it. I want to finish in at least 60 minutes. Brian's goal is 45 minutes.

No comments: