Saturday, January 26, 2008

LAND!

Today we had a lot of fun! We went out to the neighborhood to take a look at our lot and we also had to stop by the office. We went with Brian's parents and grandma, but, unfortunately, my only brother Kevin couldn't go with us! :-(

We first stopped by the office as I wanted to walk through the model house another time and we wanted to show our cabinets, floors, and siding colors to Mike and Barb. We also had to verify our carpet color suite because Stephanie forgot to write it down when we were there last Tuesday. We thought that we had picked Color Suite D, but we wanted to go by there to verify to make sure that we told her the right letter. The more I walk through that house the more I love it!! It's really soooo exciting!!! I'll probably drag Brian though the model a billion times before ours is built. It also helps me to think about furniture placement. They have a really awesome breakfast-type table in the breakfast nook that I really like. Unfortunately, the office people have no idea where it's from. The one cool thing about visiting the model today was seeing a little red Monopoly house on our lot!! (Red means that the lot is unavailable.)

There's a good virtual tour of our floor plan in the model house on Centex's Web site:

http://www.obeo.com/Public/Viewer/Default.aspx?ID=288073&refurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.centexhomes.com%2fRaleigh%2fN46305.asp

After the office, we went out to the lot to walk around and take some pictures. I'm really happy with the lot. It's up on a mini-hill with good drainage on the sides and back of the lot so we shouldn't have any issues with flooding. (Of course, it may never rain again, so it might be a moot point.) They had a SOLD sign out by the lot, which was really cool. So we got a picture by the sign and I took some photos from various places on the property. We're going to have a street light (that looks like a carriage light) to the right of our house. The only thing that sorta sucks is that we'll have an electrical box off to the left side of the front yard, but we should be able to hide it with some cute bushes.

Coming Soon: I really am going to write about the mortgage paperwork at some point, but I can't comment yet because I need to do a more thorough reading! :-)

Here are a few of the pictures that we took this afternoon:






No comments: