Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shake, siding, and shutters (oh my!)

The outside of our house looks like a house!! On Thursday, Brian and I cruised over to the neighborhood to check out the progress and the workers were out working on the siding! They had completed the back and right sides of the house and were working on the front and one of the other sides. It was pretty neat to see how they install it all and to check out the guys on the scaffolding.

On Friday, Brian and I each got calls from Mama LeBlanc who had cruised by with G (Brian's grandma) to check out the house. (She has 51 weeks of vacation, so she had taken the day off!) Anyway, by Friday night the front siding and shake were on and the upstairs shutters were installed. We headed out there as soon Brian got off work and it looks AWESOME! Everything is hues of brown and looks really nice. It's nothing fancy, but it looks pretty solid!

We were also out there today with my parents who were cruising through on the way home from Hickory. While all of us were out there today, there was a worker there who was working to hang the shutters on the downstairs "office" window. While we were there, he left and didn't quite finish up, but I figure they'll be finished pretty soon.

They also delivered the joint compound, which is what they will use to apply the sheetrock. I am so excited to see how it will all look with the drywall installed!

I took a bajillion pictures today. We wanted a picture of every wall before the drywall is installed, so that we would know where all the studs and wires are located for future reference. (I'll put those up later tonight or tomorrow--I'm not at home, so I can't put them up now.)

No comments: