Tuesday, May 27, 2008

35 hours and 28 minutes!!

Yup! It's getting kind-of-a big deal now :-) We got our final HUD-1 from USAA today and everything is looking good. I am really impressed with everyone from the builder to the real estate agent to the attorney to the lender. Everything was correct on the form! The form was even sans the $55 pest inspection fee that we had to pay out-of-pocket. I had already printed out my copy of the check that I sent to take it to closing to prove that we had already paid it! :-) I love it when people are one step ahead of me with this kind of stuff, because it very rarely happens!!

I'm also officially off work now until next Tuesday (Hallelujah!!) Tomorrow I have to get up at a decent hour to put the finishing touches on the packing and to do some cleaning. At 4:30, we're meeting Chris at the house for the final walk. My parents are also going to go to the walkthrough because they are in town. The four of us are going to the James Taylor concert tomorrow night!! (In retrospect, I am very glad that we're going to this concert because it will be a nice break away from the house and we'll be able to keep busy tomorrow night!) Speaking of Family Samuels and concerts, they are also going to be our first house guests in two weeks when mom, dad, Cal, and Clay come up for the Jimmy Buffett concert!! (I foresee MANY margaritas that night!)

Also, Brian's dad wins father-in-law of the year for 2008 because he came and chilled at our apartment for 45 minutes today waiting for Goodwill to pick up the couch (Brian was planning to do it, but he had a work lunch to go to with all the CMG bigwigs.) Evidently it was really something watching the guys figure out how to get the sleeper sofa down the stairs. (I'm kinda glad I wasn't here to see it, honestly.) I am just really, really glad that none of us had to move it!

Oh yeah, and Happy Two-Year Anniversary to Brian and me. I cannot believe it's been two years!!!! Two years ago at this very moment I was very happy to be done with the wedding stuff! May is like the super month for us!!

OFFICIAL 35-Hour Weather Watch:



Did we pick the best dates ever or what??? I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA!!!

No comments: