Monday, May 26, 2008

Lots of racing today: Indy, NASCAR, Laura's mind...

12:25 a.m. on Memorial Day and I am definitely still awake. Last night, I couldn't fall asleep until a few minutes after 4:50 a.m!! I'm not crazy (OK, maybe I am); instead, my mind is just racing like crazy with the millions of things that we need to buy or do (bath rugs, trash cans, cordless phones, sprinklers, etc.) :-)

Today was a good packing day. We're getting a lot of the last minute odds and ends put in boxes and we'll have time to do some more tomorrow. I'll also have plenty of time on Wednesday to work because I'll be at home all day. Brian had to go buy some more boxes today because we ran out; we've figured out that the best selection is at U-Haul and another good thing is that they will buy back the boxes that you do not use. We just keep piling stuff in our spare bedroom to keep it out of the other rooms. This is what it looks like now:





Pretty crazy, huh? It's hard to tell from the picture, but that door leads to a walk-in closet (approx. 6 ft. by 8 ft.) and that thing is packed to the hilt too!!! It's crazy how much stuff we have!! :-)

I am really looking forward to getting through closing on Thursday morning--I'll feel so much better when all the papers are signed and we have our keys! I'm also looking forward to this weekend and unpacking the stuff. Although I loathe packing, I LOVE unpacking and finding a place for each thing (probably because I am crazy-OCD)! The countdown is definitely on!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

What do you need a sprinkler for? Your green mud?

(just joking)

congrats!