Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fantastic weather, washed cars, sushi, jeans, shrimp, kitties, movie

Today was an AWESOME day to be outside! It was probably 70-72 degrees down here and not one cloud in the sky! We all knew that we wanted to be outside as much as possible today so Callie and Clay came over and we had a car washing party. We washed Callie's car, dad's truck, my car, and mom's car. They're all nice and pretty inside and out now, but holy moly that's a lot of work! I think we were all a little tired and sore tonight, but it was so fantastic to be outside!

After the car washing fiesta, we went into Morehead City to California Roll--a yummy sushi restaurant--for mom's birthday. We ate A LOT of sushi. They have this unreal "house" salad, which is basically lettuce, carrots, and pieces of nori in a ginger dressing--it is incredible. For 5 people, we ended up with 9 rolls and 2 orders of nigiri!!! It took a LONG time for the poor sushi chef to get everything made, but it was absolutely worth the wait. I also had a Japanese hot green tea that was really tasty. Mom and I split a roll (and ordered a few other things separately) so they brought all of our food out on one GIANT wood tray. After we got the order, mom and I realized that everything we ordered, except for the salmon nigiri, was some type of spicy, specialty roll. Lots of yummy tuna and salmon! Callie, Clay, and dad also made excellent choices; sushi plating and presentation is so pretty! I think everyone was pretty pleased.

After dinner we went to Wal-Mart where I purchased 2 new pairs of jeans--I figured it was time since the ones I had were all falling off of me and my belts just made the waists really bumpy! So, it turns out, I've gone down 2 pant sizes (and that was AFTER all the sushi!). Very, very exciting! (And, yes, I bought clothes at Wal-Mart--no reason to spend a lot of cash on clothes that I'll only be wearing for a month or so!) The sad thing is that my jeans were $15, but my 2.5 oz. bottle of face moisturizer was $14.92. GO FIGURE!

Last night, we went to Clawson's in Beaufort and had peel-and-eat shrimp, which was DELICIOUS. Afterward, we went to Clay's apartment and played with Bama and Brewer who are incredibly cute. We also went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic, which is a really fun movie! They stayed pretty close to the book and the movie was really enjoyable and refreshing.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to enjoy a day sitting in the sun and reading until I have to head back to Raleigh--I LOVE DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME!!

No comments: