Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Free Stuff, Heart Rate and Blood Pressure, and Clothes

Free Stuff
  • NutriSystem has a deal where if you log your weight each day online, they send you a stuffed (beanie-baby-like) teddy bear celebrating each 10 lbs. that you lose. It's supposed to be automatic for people who are on auto-delivery, but evidently the system isn't that great, so if you call up (or, in my case, e-mail) to ask for one, they will send it out. I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to get it because I go through QVC, but I figured it was worth a shot and the little bear was waiting for me when I got home from my parents. He's pretty cute!

  • Brian and I have our insurance through BCBS and we have Blue Points with the program. So, when I exercise, I log the amount of time and then eventually get free stuff (gift cards, merchandise, etc.). Well, I also found out today that you can get 100 pts/week for eating a combination of 5 fruit and veggie servings, 5 out of the 7 days in a week. I eat 6 with NutriSystem each day, so, YAY for more points!

Heart Rate and Blood Pressure

  • I was doing some crack pot Internet investigative research tonight on the "average" resting heart rate and evidently it's 75 bpm for an adult woman. So, after my ellipticizing tonight, I've kept my heart rate monitor on to see where it stayed all night. Well, awesome for me, it's been around 72-76 bpm. I am very pleased with this and being "normal." (Prior to NS, I was just happy if it was under 100 bpm!)
  • I also checked my BP at Harris Teeter Sunday night--real scientific, I know! ;-) And, because I'm OCD, I checked it 4 times in one sitting. (I always do this.) So, the very first time it was 130/77 and I was thinking sh!t (although, 130 was pretty much the lowest I could ever get it before NS). And then times 2 and 3 it was 122ish/71ish; and then time 4, it was 117/67 (seriously!!). I was very, very excited. I'll feel very awesome when it's right at 120/80 on the first sitting...

Clothes

  • I was supposed to tutor on Tuesday after work, but my student had to cancel because she was sick, so I made use of the bonus time to go shopping at Kohl's. (I was 25 minutes late to work Tuesday morning because I had to try on 5 different outfits to find something that didn't look stupid on me. I'm not usually this bad, but everything looked crazy-bad before settling on a pretty dress.) So, I went to Kohl's to find a few work clothes (thank goodness I only need them 3 days/week!) and I found 4 cute tops (though Brian hated them all except for 1--go figure), 1 pair of pants, and a super-cute pair of shoes (I'm not going to lie--they're awesome). I didn't buy much because I *hope* it will be too big for me in a month, but I had to have something before HR sent me home for looking ridiculous. This trip was very exciting because I was able to find all my outfits in the Misses section, rather than the Woman's (aka, plus-size). Yay for small victories--there is a MUCH bigger (pardon the pun) selection in Misses and the clothes are WAY cuter.
  • On Monday, I went to David's Bridal to pick up my bridesmaid's dress for Callie's wedding. It is so super cute! It's a little big right now and I was supposed to go for alterations tomorrow, but I decided to cancel tomorrow's appointment and I rescheduled it for April 9, which gives me the most time possible (within DB's alterations guidelines) to have the dress fitted to my then-size. Very exciting!

That's pretty much it! Brian and Gatsby are rocking and rolling. Gatsby is sleeping and Brian is watching the Canes game and getting ready to put an audio package together for the sports segments on the radio stations tomorrow.

No comments: