Monday, April 20, 2009

Three months later...

Today is the start of week 13 for me, so it's time for my monthly photo and results:

Start


End of week 4 (-14.8 lbs. total)


End of week 8 (-21 lbs. total)

End of week 12 (-26.8 lbs. total)

Numbers

Weight: -26.8 lbs. (-13.11%)
Arms: -3.5 in. (-21.21%)
Chest: -3.25 in. (-8.23%)
Waist: -6.75 in. (-15.43%)
Hips: -4.5 in. (-10.23%)
Thighs: -3.5 in. (-13.73%)
BMI: -4.60 pts. (-13.11%)

My waist-to-hip ratio has gone from 99.43% to 93.67%. Still way too high, but definitely going in the right direction!

As you can see, things are continuing to progress nicely; however, I can definitely sense weight loss slowing down. It seems like my body will fluctuate around the same number for 4-5 days and then eventually lose ~0.8-1.2 lbs. and then repeat the cycle :-) However, I'm staying motivated and just happy that the trend is downward.

Unfortunately, I did not meet my tax day goal. I'm about 2.5 lbs. away from that goal, but that's OK. I'm still doing really, really well.
It's really pretty rare that I have bad-for-me food cravings, but for some reason today at work I really, really wanted a Milky Way. Fortunately, there aren't any in the vending machine downstairs, so I ended up with one minuscule chocolate egg, which somewhat tempered craving. :-)

This past weekend, Gatsby and I went to my parents' house because Brian went to New Jersey for the Canes/Devils game. We had a really good time. On Friday night we went to Tsunami, which is an Asian food buffet (a good one! not a freaky, scary one--I'm really pretty anti-buffet). This one has fresh-made sushi and we sat right by the sushi chefs so we were able to pillage the fresh pieces as soon as they hit the buffet! Very yummy and super cheap.

On Saturday, mom, dad, Gatsby, and I met Callie at Fort Macon and we laid on the beach for a few hours. It was Gatsby's first trip to the sand and he did really well. He let the ocean get him a little wet on his paws and he had fun eating seaweed and watching all the people and other doggies. Saturday night, we went to El Zarape in Beaufort, which is most definitely not NS friendly, but still good.

Sunday, we did some shopping and I bought a new pair of running shoes, which are awesome. I got to walk across a little machine that measured my weight distribution of my feet and also showed how I move my feet when I walk (evidently, I turn my right foot in slightly). So the friendly guy helped me find the right shoe to counteract my slight turn-in and I have a very lovely pair now. Sunday night we went to Outback and all had salmon and fresh veggies before Gatsby and I had to head back home.

A very lovely weekend with fantastic weather!

Oh yeah, and mom and dad look incredible!! (Callie and Clay too!)

Oh, I almost forgot! On Friday, many of the people in Professional Publications went to the Habitat for Humanity house that my company financed. The house is almost done and we spent the day helping out with painting and landscaping. I stayed outside with the landscaping because the weather was awesome! We planted two trees, lots of bushes, and pushed around a lot of top soil and mulch. It was SO MUCH FUN. It's very exciting that the family who will be moving in next month is going from a 2 bedroom apartment (with 4 kids!) to a 4 bedroom house. The area is Durham is not fantastic, but evidently it's become so much better since Habitat started doing work out there. It used to be one of the worst neighborhoods for crime and drugs and now it's just a quiet, low income area. Evidently the Habitat houses really motivate current residents to improve their own abodes. If you ever have an opportunity to do a build day, I highly, highly recommend it. It's hard work, but incredibly fun and fulfilling. I also wasn't nearly as sore as I would have thought--evidently strength training and losing 26.8 lbs. makes a big difference! I can't wait to do another!

No comments: