Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movin' out...

We went to the house today because I wanted to see the windows that were delivered this morning. They look good! We also noticed that they installed some insulation where the showers will be located because the plumbing is going to smart tomorrow. We'll definitely be out there tomorrow night to see how it all goes down...

Afterward, we went to Lowe's to check out some things. We want to put a storm door in pretty quickly after we move in so that there will be more light in the front foyer and we also want to lay an arrangement of pretty tiles in the backyard to make a nice patio. We found a door that we like and saw some really nice tiles.

Today after work I stopped by the apartment complex to hand in our 60-day notice. The management chick was nice and agreeable to our idea to extend our lease three days to June 3 (to give us ample time to move). She said we'd get our official NOTICE TO VACATE in the next few weeks (which sounds kinda scary!). As I was driving back to our apartment, I was kinda sad. This apartment will always be sentimental for me since it was the first place we lived after we got married. As an aside, we've almost been married for two years! So, I was kinda nostalgic. It's weird to think about how much things have changed in the past two years. A lot of people told me that the first year of marriage is the hardest and if that's really the case, then Brian and I are smooth sailing because nothing really changed for us. It was seriously like go to work, take time off from work, get married, go back to work, watch the Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup, go to the Bahamas, go back to work ... . It really wasn't a difficult transition for us at all. Don't get me wrong--I'm not complaining. It's just very cool to be so content and I can't wait to see what happens in the next two years...

Oh, I almost forgot!

Brian is continuing his fame, even though he has escaped some of the public spotlight with his new job. He got a shout out by some guy in the N&O:

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/wednesday/city_state/story/1013387.html

Y'all may also hear remants of his work in Selsun Blue, Carolina Back Institute, and Lake Park Condo commercials...

No comments: