Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Upcoming Schedule

Brian got a phone call from our field manager today who was calling to update us on the upcoming schedule:

Wednesday - windows delivered
Thursday - windows installed; plumbing and gas line installation begins
Friday - electrical wiring and shingles begin

We swung by the house last night and the framing is completely done, so we were able to completely walk through the second floor and see everything up close. They've also put down the paper-like material over the plywood (that goes under the shingles) on the roof. As we walked through the upstairs, we realized that we were total morons with the placement of one of our cable outlets, so Brian asked Chris if we could move the placement now. He said yes, so Brian is going to head out there tomorrow on his lunch break and tell Chris where we want to move it (we also have to sign off on the change). We're going to double check all our placement tonight to make sure everything else looks good.

I also have a very exciting project for this weekend! When I moved into my first apartment (way back in 2004), my parents bought me an unfinished dresser. Our thinking was that we didn't know what color bedroom suit I would eventually end up with and that it would suck to have one piece in a completely different color. So, fortunately, most apartments have walk-in closets and my dresser has had the pleasure to hide in three (the furniture guy warned us to be careful with it since the wood wasn't treated). I'm planning to stain it this weekend, since the weather should be warm and we have a nicely covered back porch. I have no idea what I'm doing (what else is new?), but I'm going to find some good DIY instructions online. I think I can pick a stain that will match Brian's dresser, so it should look semi-cohesive and then we can match the new bedside tables that we're going to buy accordingly. So if any of y'all have any tips, feel free to send them my way :-)

No comments: