Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yesterday was, perhaps, one of the greatest food days ever!

For lunch I made a chicken salad melt with NS chicken salad. I took the chicken salad and mixed it up with 1 oz. of real chicken breast, a TON of onions, and some roasted red peppers. I was planning to serve it on a whole wheat roll and add some provolone cheese and lettuce. At the last second, I decided to pop it into the toaster oven to get all melt-y [I ate the lettuce while it melted :-)] and then ate it openfaced. It was SO delicious.

It's kinda funny--I've actually become more culinary since I started NutriSystem. I actually like cooking; I think I just needed a little bit of structure. I'm learning how to become pretty creative with the NS food and add-ins. I really like figuring out new ways to cook the veggies or different ways to incorporate all the requirements into each meal. It's fun to be healthy.

For dinner, Brian and I went to Winston's for an early Valentine's Day dinner. (He has a hockey game tonight.) Brian had prime rib and mashed potatoes. Is he a meat and potatoes guy or what? ;-) I had the Sesame Tuna Salad and it was, quite possibly, the best salad that I've ever had in my life. It was seared sashimi tuna (rare, I mean, seriously, is there any other option for tuna?) over a bed of greens. The tuna was covered in a spicy wasabi sauce (it was spicy and delish, but it tasted very light). The dressing was ginger-based and there was also pickled ginger sprinkled on top. There also were some type of crispy things sprinkled about, but I pushed most of those to the side and only ate 2 or 3. The salad was unbelievable. I mean incredible. Like, oh my goodness-holy-moly! I was very pleased. Oh, I did have *gasp* a white roll too, but I skipped on the butter and didn't order any wine. (Go Laura Beth!)

I probably ate too much of the salad, but I really didn't care and neither did the scale this morning (I still lost 0.6 lbs yesterday--now down 10.6 lbs overall).

I'm waiting for my weight loss to slow down--I know it will soon--but I'm definitely enjoying it while it lasts.

Oh yeah, and I'm off work Monday. Vive la jour des presidents!

No comments: